This week has kind of been
depressing. We have 5 people who have finished all the lessons but they just don’t
come to church and don’t keep the Sabbath day holy. So we have to wait. It’s
hard but we are about to have a second reactivation. It’s a family and they are
awesome. We have been meeting with them since I have been here. They have a
young family and the young kids just love to pray. Its awesome so I’m excited
for them.
But the most depressing thing is
that we have these two brothers. One is 16 and one is 14. They are my homies. Mongolians
don’t like to connect with people. My companion doesn’t get why I share
personal stories and get to know our investigators. But those two guys love me.
We met with them on Friday. and we had finished their lessons and they had come
to church the last 2 weeks but they had to leave in the middle of sacrament
meeting to go to work. So we taught them about the Sabbath day and why we need
to stay for all three hours. And my comp talked to them and asked them to stay
all three hours and they said no we have to work. Then I felt the impression to
tell them about how you, Dad, gave up work on Sunday. I didn’t plan on it but I
had faith that the spirit will fill my mouth. And I did it and the spirit was
strong and they looked at me and said we will never work on Sunday again. We
will come to church. But long story short they didn’t come. And their phone was
off so we couldn’t reach them. I guess it is true we can only bring the spirit
unto their hearts and not in it. They have to do that. It hurts.
| Pondering about how many times I'm going to get burned this week |
We have another investigator who is
21 and he only has 2 lessons left and we scheduled him every day but he’s
burned us every day. It hurts man. Our investigators are slipping away and there’s
nothing we can do. We call them every day with no answer. We go to their house
and no one is home. It hurts.
I’m probably going to be transferred
out of this area at the end of this month and I want to see them get baptized. President
Harper is trying to get missionaries closer to their school and I am the
farthest away from my school.
| Trying to pull off the Cowles look but I just look ticked. lol |
Elder Cowles and I balled together this
morning. Just like the MTC days. It was us 2 against our Mongolian comps. We beat
them 2 straight games. Yeah we still got it.
Love you,
Elder Heacock
No comments:
Post a Comment