Monday, August 22, 2016

The Example of Saadbayr



I want to start off by writing about this boy named Saadbayr and his sister Bolortoya. He is six years and she is 11 years old and Elder Cowles and I had the opportunity to teach them a couple times because my comp was sick and we had work to do. So Elder Cowles and I went to work together for a couple days. We didn’t teach him directly. We are teaching his father. The father has been an investigator before and his wife is less active. Bolortoya has been baptized. But Saadbayr, this young boy walks 3 miles to church every Sunday. This last week at sacrament I sat next to him and as we were partaking of the sacrament he got his piece of bread and he stared at it just pondering its significance. He knew what the sacrament meant. He knew its importance. And his prayers are just so great. You can tell that his best friend is the Savior. I have learned more from him than I have taught him. But what amazes me most about Saadbayr is that he is the most grateful little kid I have ever seen. He loves to pray. When we go over he always wants to say the opening and closing prayer. When he prays he is so thankful for everything that he has, he always thanks god for his food, family, clothes, and prays for others. The thing is I've only ever seen him in the one green Lightning Mcqueen shirt. I've never seen him in any other clothes. He's so thankful for the one shirt that he has, and I'm over here complaining that I don't have hot water for like 2 weeks. Every time he sees me, he makes sure he waves to me.

When Christ says we need to humble ourselves like little children to enter the Kingdom of God, he couldn't be more right. The example that Saadbayr has been to me, to humble myself, be thankful for whatever I have, and to love the Lord. I wish I was like Saadbayr, I strive to be more like him and Jesus Christ every single day. We may fall short in being perfect, but we're not meant to be perfect, we're only asked to try. Saadbayr has become one of my heroes. I’m going to miss this kid because Songino is teaching him but I have a cool pic of us. 

This is Saadbayr. And his sisters name is Bolortoya. And then my boy Cowles.
Transfers are this week. This Thursday, and they are going to be nuts. There are so many possibilities. I’m glad I’m not the president. All the Americans have to come in and the Mongols have to go out. I can’t explain all the possibilities through email but I’m excited.

Nothing really happened this week. Last night it was raining and we wanted to play soccer today so we prayed that it will be good weather and that the sun will shine on the field and guess what? The sun was only shining on the field. Boom! Power of prayer right there. 

Also during the summer is the time where the city does tons of jobs like building apartment buildings and doing pipe work and ground work. Work stops in the winter. So I forgot to tell you last week but we haven’t had hot water for the last 2 weeks because they are doing pipe work. Everyone on the west side of the city is out of water. All they have to do is replace the old pipes with new ones but Mongolians work slowly so who knows when we will have hot water. Well that’s my week.

Love you all,
Elder Heacock



No comments:

Post a Comment