Monday, August 15, 2016

Shangri La



I guess I’ll start out on Monday. So Elder Cowles and I were on a split going to Shangri La (Buffet) We arrived there and Elder Lu, my pops, was there with Elder Ramos (one of my teaching comps). Elder Lu told us there’s this church member here. She’s like 60 years old and she served a mission in Peru. We had some of the most amazing food of our lives. Since it was our 2nd time there, I got it down where I could eat the most food. It was great. I got 3 crepes and tons of meat and other great stuff. We all had a great time talking we were there for 3 hours. We go to pay and were about to give the hostess our money, when an employee comes running up and she told us that the church member paid for all 4 of us. We were amazed and so grateful. She had already left so we couldn’t thank her. Man it was awesome.

The interview was just a monthly interview thing just to see how we are. The interview was 40 minutes long. President Harper is pretty chill. We talked for 30 minutes about English and he took me to the board where it shows where all the missionaries are serving and he said “I have no idea how I’m going to do transfers.” So we talked about some possibilities but in the end I told him you know we may not know how it will all work out but God does. So rely on Him and listen for the inspiration. He liked that advice. I could tell he was stressing.

Guy wasn't home so snapped a pic. unur
Elder Cowles and I went on a split on Friday from 7 in the morning to night. Man it was a blast. We worked both Songino and Unur and we rocked it. We got some ice cream to celebrate. And then some more ice cream to cool the burnings that we got. hahaha. Both of us got the language and the listening down pretty good for it being just 5 months out here. If we were comps we would be amazing but it’s in the Lord’s hands.
​The boi Cowles and I just got burned. His dad was drunk and tried to kiss me last time we met, so he was drunk again when we showed up, so probably not a good time to meet. Not trying to get involved in those shenanigans.
Coolin down the burn with some ice cream.

President told me he’s trying to keep Elder Khasbaatar and I together because we have the best numbers in the mission. Elder Lu, since he’s Zone Leader saw our numbers at MLC and said that some people think were lying, but we aren’t. People just need to work harder. We have been blessed with investigators who want to meet with us because we build that relationship first and then teach. We have some baptisms for the end of the month and the end of September (maybe on Eben’s bday) So hopefully I’m still in Unur after this transfer.

Then we played soccer this morning and it was of course a blast. President Harper and his wife came and watched us play. They cheered us on pretty good. And I scored a goal!!!!!! With my left foot too!!!!

The whole teaching realm is really foggy right now. No one really knows what is going on and my school is under construction right now. They are working on expanding the school so I really have no idea what is going to happen. This transfer is going to be crazy though, that’s all I know

 Love you guys!!!
Elder Heacock

No comments:

Post a Comment