Monday, August 8, 2016

I am finding my purpose here....



I have a lot to say this week so I will use bullet points.

  1. So transfers are already getting crazy. Transfers don’t come out until August 26th but one elder had to go home a few weeks early so he could start school. So that messed things up especially since he’s in the countryside. It is hard to explain all the outcomes over email but they are going to be crazy. 
  2. Since we live in Unur and Unur is where the buses are that take you to the countryside, we had to go and pick up the luggage at the mission home of the elder who is replacing the guy in the countryside and take it back to Unur. So we go to the mission home and go up to the office where the luggage was and Sister Harper was there and when she saw us her face lit up. She stood up and said to the office workers, “guys, do you know how many lessons these 2 elders had last week?” She said 18 lessons. She said how proud she was of us and that she’ll get us some treats. Yeah 18 lessons in one week in Mongolia is pretty high. But yeah it was uncomfortable. We are just doing the Lord’s work like we should.
  3. On Friday we met with Erdene. He’s a real friend and me and Erdene have a good relationship. We finished his lessons that day and he asked how my family was and asked me if Eben would serve a mission. I told him yes I hope he does. I try to be a good example to him. And then he looked and me and said that he wants to serve a mission because of my example. When he said that, all the times that I got burned, rejected, made fun of, those moments melted away. They didn’t matter. I came to Mongolia to help him. I am starting to find my purpose here. 
  4. So Sundays with all the meetings, church and studies we only have time to meet with 2 people. We had 2 people scheduled but 2 more people at church asked us to meet with them. So we decided to do an exchange with the members. So I would go with my boy Bekhtuuvwshin, the Ward Mission Leader, and my comp would go with a 17 year old priest. Since he was a priest we had to get permission. So I called President Harper and he’s like “what’s up Elder? How’s your Sunday?” I asked him if we could split with a priest and he asked is he responsible and I said yes. President Harper replied sure why not. Keep up the good work see ya bud. President Harper is like a great friend. So we taught 4 lessons yesterday and ended the week with 19 lessons. 
  5. Now about one of those lessons. We go to this investigators house and his dad is there and he is mad drunk. The dad is yelling and wouldn’t shut up and so the son laid him on his bed and told him to sleep. So he does and we say an opening prayer and then he gets up and slowly starts moving towards us. He’s (now excuse my language but I have to paint you guys a pic) he’s making kissy noises and he has his arms stretched out. I was pretty scared. He goes to the Ward Mission Leader and starts kissing him on the cheek and he’s all laughing then he pushes him off.  He was okay with it but I have something called pride and dignity so I hid behind the restoration pamphlet. You know the one with Jesus on the front. I’m hiding behind that and then he slaps the pamphlet out of my hand and yells, “you don’t need Jesus”. At this point I’m kind of laughing but then he starts, I don’t know how to explain it,  he starts kissing me on the cheek. The son and the wml had a good laugh. Looking back I had a good laugh. But then the son is like yeah we should prob meet tomorrow.
  6. That night as my comp and I are planning, we had planned to go to Shangri La because Elder Lu, my dad, was going home and it would be his last time going and it would be my last time to see him because he’s in the other zone. I wanted to go but my comp has no money so he suggested doing a split. I asked the Zone Leader who asked the AP’s who told us to call President Harper. I didn’t want to have to call him twice in one day but I do. I send him a text at 10:20 (our bedtime is at 11) and at 10:58 I get a call from him and he said shouldn’t you be in bed right now? I said duh!! He laughs and he said yeah you can split if you want and then he asked me how the split was tonight. I said it was good and I told him about the drunk guy and he had a good laugh. yeah we are homies. I guess he said good night son. Then in my email today he said he wants to meet with me.
It’s been great week. I’m with Elder Cowles so are having a blast.
Love you guys,
Elder Heacock

No comments:

Post a Comment