Monday, July 25, 2016

Only one way I am coming home early.....



It’s great to see the whole fam again. I have my own fam out here. Elder Cowles and I are tight. We have been playing soccer these last p-days and it’s been awesome. We wake up really early and there’s about 10 missionaries usually and other Mongolian members that usually show up. I haven’t played soccer before but I’m pretty good. People actually prefer me on their team so yeah who knows. hahaha
After soccer. The guy in the black is one of the new missionaries. He is from Western Washington also, from the Vancouver area. And I was eating my breakfast in the pic. I'm not that fat
But nothing to big has happened. The only thing is that there was a mini transfer. Transfers here are weird. There hasn’t been a 6 week transfer since I have been here. It’s been 7, 8 or 9 weeks. This transfer is 9 weeks. It ends at the end of August and then the next one is also 9 weeks with a mini transfer in between. 2 new Mongolian missionaries came in and one speaks perfect English. He lived in Utah for 3 years. He went to high school and a semester at BYU before coming out. The other one doesn’t know a lick of English. So there was some big talk about who was going to train and guess whose training? Elder Cowles and Elder Mohney. Mohney finished training Cowles and they have been together up to this point. Mohney is in the group before us. So Elder Mohney and his comp got whitewashed in Haan Uul, the rich part of the town and Elder Cowles is still in Songino and he is training the guy who knows English. Cowles is also district leader. When he told me I was so pumped. He got thrown off the deep end, but it will help him a lot. The new missionaries will come at the end of August and when they come, the other new missionaries will still be training. Then we have the two Mongolians and then we got 5 new elders coming so by the end of the transfer everyone is going to be training basically. But you never know.

We have 3 or 4 baptisms coming up in a few weeks so get the camera out here quick if u can. But life out here is good. The President is impressed with our numbers. We are teaching the most lessons out of everyone but the numbers don’t really matter to me. I know as long as I work hard we will be blessed with people to meet.
Me and Cowles. Like the slippers?
Some good news came today actually. After my 3 month mark we had a weight check and I went from 130 to 118 pounds. It doesn’t help that I was going to the bathroom like 10 times a day. But the doctor was worried about me because I have nothing more to lose and he was thinking about  sending me back to the states to heal back up but I told him the only way I’m going back early is in a body bag. So these last 2 months I have been working out hard and eating food that has only been expired a few days instead of months. I was weighed today and I’m 132.. BOOM! That’s what I’m talking about. Even if I don’t flex you can’t see my heartbeat. LOL Most of the weight is in my thighs and calves. They are pretty big and I’m pretty sure I can dunk now if I tried. And I’m shaving TWICE a week now. Your little baby is growing up. Well that’s it.

Love you guys,
Elder Heacock

No comments:

Post a Comment