Family and Friends,
| On my way to eat goat head! YUM |
| Elder Ko while on a split |
Another crazy week come and gone!! We are emailing kind of
late (8:30 PM on a Tuesday) because we were hanging out with Monkbuyer. He made
us goat head!!!! So I’m typing this email with my greasy blood stained hands!!!
It wasn't as bad as I thought. The interesting thing is that they don’t take
the skin off, you eat it! You just boil
the head for like 3 hours. We had cheek meat, tongue, the roof of the mouth and
some ear. The ears are the worst though. Don’t eat the ear! Hahahah. So now I’m
craving American food right now hahahah. But, I was ticked because I brought my
camera but the batteries were all dead so I couldn’t take pictures but Elder Lu
did. So I’ll see if I can send those to you either this week or next week.
| It was only $2! |
| Goat head soup.... |
| About to eat it!! |
| First time eating tongue |
| I think I am eating cheek in this one. |
Monkbuyer has been great. On Sunday he stayed for all 3
hours of church. This was his first time doing that for a long time so
yeaaaahhh!! Also this week we have been preparing Sandig and Batbithig for
baptism. We had to hand over Bimbseren to the sisters in another area because
she actually doesn’t live in our area so that was a bummer. But this Friday we
have 2 baptisms scheduled!! It’s awesome seeing the temple being built one
member at a time.
![]() |
| Splits with Elder Cowles and Elder Fillmore |
Last Friday night I went on a split with Elder Cowles and
his companion Elder Fillmore. It was awesome!!! Elder Cowles is doing great and
Elder Fillmore is awesome. He’s from Salt Lake City. He is known in this
mission to make the best pancakes ever. He is super serious about his pancakes.
He made pancakes for breakfast on Saturday and they were the bomb and it went
great with the syrup he makes also. Man, Elder Cowles has it made hahahah. But that’s
not all. We also made sweet and sour chicken. I felt bad for Elder Lu because
we had like no food at our house. I haven’t eaten breakfast since Saturday
morning hahaha. Wait that’s not funny..... But anyways it was great.
Our stomachs were full and our bodies were full of the
spirit so off we went. We got onto a bus that took us to their area. The bus
ride was 40 minutes long. We walked to the middle of no-where-ville and met
with this guy who I think is a less active. We were there for 2 hours as he
rambled on about ancient Mongolian Indians preaching the gospel. He was leaving
for the country side for 3 months so we taught him the second half of the
restoration lesson and left him with a talk by the prophet to read while in the
countryside. Then we walked all the way back to the bus stop and got onto the
bus to head for their church building where we were going to meet with their
investigator. We ended up missing our stop so we had to walk back to the
church. We got there late to the building but their investigator didn’t show up
until 30 minutes later. We were planning on teaching him at a less-actives
house just 1 minute away, but he didn’t want to go to a less-actives house
because he thought it would be weird. So he said goodbye and left. He was a
strange little fella. So we just went to the less-actives house and taught him.
And it was great. We taught him the lesson we were supposed to teach the
investigator. He’s a great guy. By the time we got done with that lesson it was
like 7:45 and we had to meet at a certain location that I currently forget to
switch back at 830 so we got on the bus and we got to the area at 810. So Elder
Fillmore bought us ice cream. It was a great way to end a split.
Just one more week of this English project (so I think). Brother
Taylor wants to extend it and has this whole set up basically involving every
missionary and I’m like everyone can’t do this. Only 5 are doing it now and its
already stressful enough and there is hardly any missionary work going on
during that time. Plus all the time people are spending with teaching English
it just won’t be able to happen. Other than that I’m going to start teaching at
my school finally this week so I’m excited!! When I taught with Elder Lu, his
students were pretty hard to handle. So I’m hoping my school is a little
better. Other than that nothing much has happened. I hope I have more time to
email next week. Oh and we are Skyping on Sunday May 8th. I don’t
know the exact time but I’m sure I’ll get that info last minute just like
always.
Love you guys so much,
Elder Heacock

No comments:
Post a Comment