Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Not even time for a P-day....



Family,

Sorry for not emailing yesterday. This week and next week is crazy. We aren’t going to get p-days either weeks. We barely squeezed this email time into our schedule.

Again, this last week has been again filled with ups and downs. Ranging from getting punched in the groin by an old man (I will talk about this when we Skype) to having my first baptism!!

First I’ll talk about last week. We met a couple times with Monkotrith and Monkbuyer. Monkotrith’s baptism went great! His testimony is great and will continue to grow as he receives a calling in the church. I’ll send some pics.

Monkotrith's Baptism!
Monkbuyer and I have gotten closer through trying to re-activate him. We taught him the restoration and taught it in a way that he will remember the doctrine. At one point I asked him to read James 1:5 and I handed him my scriptures. But he recited it by memory. And then as I gave the account of the first vision, he mouthed along. Then at the end he bore his testimony. Then he said to me something I will never forget. He said once you get the language down come to my home and invite me to church. I never had a stronger desire to speak Mongolian. I am working harder than ever to get this language down. He has been coming to church every week but just to sacrament meeting and he doesn’t want a calling but I know that as we keep teaching him he will come back.
In a Ger District. It can be scary but I love working in the Ger District.

Another great experience I had with Monkbuyer was that we were teaching Bimbseren at his house (Bimbseren is Monkotrith’s friend). We were reviewing with her the gospel of Jesus Christ and Monkbuyer was amazing. He told some great missionary stories and shared some great analogies. He also shared the best testimony ever. I don’t know why he went inactive. He has a great testimony and loves to still share the gospel. Even though I don’t really understand what he’s saying, I could listen to him all day. I love that man. We have another lesson with Bimbseren at Monkbuyer’s house today so I hope that goes well too!!
view from the Ger district!!
This week was busy already. We have 3 people lined up for baptism. They have to get their lessons done this week so that they can get their interviews and get baptized on the 30th. It has to be this way because the only baptismal font that works is at the mission home! Other missionaries have baptisms as well, so it is hard to schedule them all.  For all 3 of our investigators, it is really hard to schedule anything because they travel for work and some have divorced parents that they have to see so we have to get their lessons done this week.

We made Chicken Parmesan and French Fries
 To make it even more difficult Brother Taylor, the senior missionary in charge of the English program, wanted to make a “think tank” to come up with a whole new English program to use at the schools because the one that BYU gave us is "a downgrade". So on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 12:00 to 6:00 for 2 weeks. Elder Lu is a part of that. So it’s up to me to get the lessons done for our investigators. I have to set up the appointments, find members to go with us and members houses we can teach at. And then I have to lead the lessons. For these days I will go on splits with a Mongolian missionary who is also brand new into the field. At first I was really stressed out. I felt a great weight on my shoulders but as I prayed and studied the scriptures I felt the weight being lifted. I felt peace, I felt confident that God will help me. Like Joseph Smith said, "deep water is what I want to swim in". I’m in deep water now. But I know this will give me the strength I need for later in my mission. It will be awesome going on splits with a Mongolian companion. I went yesterday with him to his area to teach some of his investigators but they all burned us on the spot so we just went back.

Gotta love the fashion. Are they making fun of Aerobus? Go Boeing!
This mission is hard. Some days we don’t get the chance to eat lunch or even dinner or sometimes both. But I know that as I focus on our investigators, God will provide strength and a meal. I love this gospel and the peace it brings into my life. This is truly an MTC for life. The things I gain here will carry over after my mission. This is a great work we are doing here. I can already see the temple being built here. It’s amazing what we are doing. 

Elder Heacock

No comments:

Post a Comment