Monday, April 11, 2016

General Confernece Pumps You Up!



This week was great!! I was super pumped to listen to general conference!!! I have never been so pumped in my life!!!

This past week we had planned for 3 investigators to get baptized on the 16th. But we had some difficulties so it’s down to one baptism on the 16th. Before we came to the area the sisters have been working with Monkotrith and his friend. I think I mentioned their story last week, but we had to give the friend to the sister missionaries so they could finish the lessons while we focused on the other two investigators we had getting ready for baptism.
 Monkotrith is ready he is definitely getting baptized on Saturday, but our 3rd investigator Batbithig said she hasn’t been following the word of wisdom so we will be meeting with her alot this week to get her worthy for baptism so she can get baptized next month.

Other than our investigators we have been meeting a lot with less actives. Monkbuyer is one of them. He is young and a returned missionary. He’s such a boss. I love him and its awesome teaching him. We went over to his house on Friday. While planning for what we will teach him that night, what came to our minds was that the last time we met he asked us to share scriptures on blessings because he says that blessings have stopped in his life. So we thought we would share something along those lines. We prayed and we both felt that we should bas our lesson on Mormon 9:15-20. It was perfect. We head over to his house and give our message. Elder Lu told me to give some examples of miracles in my life. Monkbuyer smiled and said, in Mongolian that I could actually understand, that me speaking Mongolian was a miracle. And after 2 years I will be perfect speaking it and that will be another miracle. Then I will take that miracle home with me and bless my family and all those I come in contact with. He came to the understanding that miracles have not yet ceased. He looks at life now with a brightness. He told us about his girlfriend and how she is also less active and how much of a miracle it would be if they were to be married in the temple together. It was awesome to hear his goal. I look forward to meeting with him again. He is so forgiving to me when I slip up and he helps me with what I want to say. And always at the end of each visit he has us pray in English which is awesome. 

General Conference!!!!! 

The highlight of my week!!! Almost all the missionaries went to the mission home to listen to General Conference in English. It was sweet to see all the missionaries I haven’t seen for a while again. I loved the talk by Mervyn B Arnold. He spoke with such power. He’s totally right though. We can’t wait to go get our sheep. We have to go and rescue the sheep straightaway and have faith in God that He has prepared a way for us. In Mongolia there are many sheep that have left the fold and we have to go and find them. No distance to far, no soul to damaged, no faith too weak to come back to the fold. We are all children of our great Heavenly Father. All have chosen God’s plan therefore we are all able to return to him. Poor or rich, it doesn’t matter. Take away the materialistic things of the world, we are all the same, of one mind of one purpose to have eternal life. I see the people we're teaching as God sees them. I look past all of their wrongs and sins that lie on the surface so anyone could point them out. Their good is found deeper, at their core. It takes work on our part to see that goodness. So, go on look at the person next to you. What do you like about them? What are some amazing things that person has done? When we look at people like this we see them as God truly sees them, good people who have so much potential. When you look inside them you get to see a bit of their potential, a bit of what their future could hold. So go on with your day looking inward, in yourself and others and see the good. Forgive everyone, love everyone help each other reach our eternal destination. 

Mongolia has taught me many things. It has shown me many things I need to work on. For instance, humility. In order to repent I need to kneel with a humble heart and account for all my faults to God so that I may work on improving them. My prayers have changed to as I have been studying the Book of Mormon each day. I’ve had a desire to pray for the success of all the other missionaries naming them by name. Even if I have been having a bad week or taught few lessons that they could find those in need and teach them. We all play a piece in building a temple here in Mongolia. If I only baptize one person my whole mission, laying down only one brick, if I lay that brick in such a way with a sure foundation, in a way it will not sway or break under pressure, I have done my job. President Benson said to me that while we are here, 3 more stakes will go up and with it a temple. I don’t doubt it. The work we are doing is amazing. 

I can say humbly that we are in the most magnificent mission in the world. I don’t doubt it for a second. The hardest part for me will be coming home. I’ve already been talking to the president about getting an extension. hahahah Yeah this is home. A quote that a good friend sent me was:

You've had eternity to prepare for your mission, and you'll have eternity to reflect on it, but only 2 years to live it.

Hopefully I will have 2 years 6 weeks to live it hahahaha
The food is great. The bell peppers are great (better than American) I’m addicted to Nusco, Nutellas super awesome brother. I’m about to take 10 jars of that stuff home with me hahah. I hope that general conference hit home to you as it did to me. The family council was pretty cool, u guys should start doing that. It seems it will bless the family immensely. i love you all!!!!!!!

Elder Xnkok

No comments:

Post a Comment