Tuesday, February 2, 2016



Hey family!

Yes, we have the same service job while we are here. The guy didn’t stop by last week so I’m hoping he’ll stop by this week.
From my understanding and from what our teachers said we are going to have the same sponsor to teach English. But I’ll let you know if I hear differently.

That’s awesome to hear everyone’s staying busy, just as busy as I am here. This last week was focused a lot on obedience and I was really tested this week. I took my suit to the dry cleaners and on my suit I have a pin of the Mongolian flag. So I took the pin off of the suit and wore it on my collar of my white shirt you know to represent. During class on Thursday my teacher Brother Higgins pulled me aside and told me I’m not allowed to wear my pin. He said it distracted from my name tag and he asked if I could not wear it. I agreed but I was kind of confused and angry. Afterwards I thought how in Mongolia we aren’t even allowed to wear our name tags, only on special occasions so what’s wrong with wearing the flag pin, So I sat down in my seat steam fuming out my ears and I opened up my scriptures and it opened to D&C 130 and verses 20 and 21 caught my eye. It talked about how blessings come from obedience. So after reading this passage I sat back in my chair and checked if my eyebrows were still there because I just had gotten roasted pretty bad. I then came to realize that I love this pin and even if this was just a test of my obedience, I wasn’t going to let myself not get blessings over this. So I had this idea to put it on my Mongolian Book of Mormon. And it looks really cool. I’ll attach pics. And in the devotional on Sunday the speaker said a line that really stuck out

 "Obedience brings blessings, but exact obedience brings miracles." 

That really hit me hard. So I’m really trying my best to be exactly obedient. It’s hard but I know that with fervent prayer and with the Holy Ghost I can become exactly obedient.

This last week in class we read the story of Nephi and how he was commanded to build a ship. We talked about the characteristics of Laman and Lemuel and also of Nephi. Our teacher told us we should strive more to be like Nephi. He pointed out that we were murmuring and complaining a lot as a district and I agree. I have seen myself in the same boat. Anyways after he finished talking about that he announced that we weren’t allowed to bring any notes into our lessons from now on. And immediately all of the sisters started complaining. I couldn’t believe it. Our companionship didn’t have a problem at all because we haven’t really been bringing notes in at all these past few lessons which is really awesome. We tried to tell the sisters that it’s awesome to not bring notes. It really stretches you and it shows what u need to work on. Our lessons in the MTC aren’t going to be perfect. And that’s okay. I rather not bring any notes into the lessons now and totally screw up than to mess up in the field. But that didn’t help at all. So Boyd Ax tried to calm them down. I think it worked.

Some of my zone who were leaving to the mission field
This last week was pretty hard. On Sunday we had to say goodbye to half our zone. Those guys were awesome. They were real friends. I will attach some photos. So it’s kind of lonely and quiet now. Hopefully the new guys coming in are as cool as them. The Mongolian language is going great and oh yeah I got a haircut today. I told the lady a trim on top. 1 full inch is not a trim so I’m kind of mad right now. I’ll send you a pic. But I love you guys and I’ll send more written letters to you all soon.

Haircut was a little short
Love you,

Elder Heacock

No comments:

Post a Comment