Monday, June 6, 2016

Expired Food



Well this past week was interesting. I have been getting used to all the expired food like milk, eggs and basically everything. But they are only expired by like a week or two so I wanted to test my body a little bit. I have this sausage that I really like. I won’t buy any other kind. Last Monday I see it and it’s the last one on the shelf, so I grab it and I see that it expired back in February. I hesitated just a little bit but I was like meh, I should be good. And I can say that my body has handled it really well. It’s like a gift I guess. It was pretty amazing. I know you guys are probably like soooo sick but this means if I can eat expired processed meat what else can I eat hahahah. It’s going to be weird coming back home eating real food.
 
  I don't always play soccer but when I do its in Mongolia at the base of a mountain                 
We also played soccer and man it was a blast!! It was a bunch of elders against the students of one Elder’s school. It was a blast. I scored a goal, got a couple headers and a few assists. And yes I scored a goal. I am not lying. This guy who I can probably say is the best one on the team just by judging by his getup, had the ball and he was egging me on. As I got closer he would slowly move back. Finally I’m like forget this!!! So I charge at him and steal the ball from him, and I get past the goalie and score the goal. Yeah it was nice. The score ended up being like 9 to 17 which wasn’t too bad. Afterwards we found out that the elder bet his students 140,000. We freaked out hahaha We were like if we knew you were betting we wouldn’t have played cause we suck hahahah. But afterward we got stuck on a bus for 2 hours!! I’ll send a video. 

Also this week was zone conference!!! And it was President and Sister Benson’s last one too. We celebrated President Benson’s 20th anniversary when he first came to Mongolia. It was great. I learned a lot from the talks and the testimonies. President Benson’s talk was the highlight of course. He talked on the law of the harvest. He said that our works though small will not go unnoticed. God will magnify our efforts. We shouldn’t be weary in well doing, for in due season we shall reap. By small and simple things are great things come to past. It’s true.

That's right its MASTER Heacock now
This Sunday we have 3 baptisms. I know that I’m not the best teacher. I can barely communicate with them, but as I step back, I can see God’s hand in their lives. God grows the seed that’s inside them. I water it and give it love but God works the miracle. He grows the plant into something beautiful. It’s amazing and I’m truly grateful. I learned that God puts so much trust in us. Like you barely trust me with your car (yes I know why, don’t bring it up) but God trusts us with something super important. Eternal life. When we teach, eternal life hangs in the balance. If we don’t do our part, if we don’t invite, follow up and help them progress, they can’t receive eternal life. I recently realized this and it scared me but I like what it says in D&C 35 verse 13.
  
13 Wherefore, I call upon the weak things of the world, those who are unlearned and despised, to thresh the nations by the power of my Spirit

He trusts us to do our part in the work. We can call upon him for help because His arm of mercy is extended to all who call upon it. I have a testimony that through our small and simple efforts, miracles grow. And God is the one who grows it. I’m really grateful for this and it gives me hope. 

Another thing I found is a quote that got me thinking. It’s from a talk by Dieter F Uchodorf. It says: "Tell a man there are trillions of stars in the universe and he’ll believe you, tell him there’s wet paint on the wall and he’ll touch it just to make sure." This really got me thinking. Sometimes the simple things get overlooked. We tell ourselves there has to be more to this. There has to be a catch somewhere. But there isn’t. The gospel isn’t that way. This beautiful gospel is so simple a child can grasp it. We need not forget this. That’s just what I think what do you guys think? Send me an email with some of your thoughts.

I love you guys. This week has been full of miracles and will continue to be full of miracles.
 Love u guys!!!!

Elder Heacock

No comments:

Post a Comment