I would like to start off with a moment of silence..................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Elder Tanseanko died (mission was over) early Friday morning
suddenly and unexpectedly. He has been fighting the horrible disease of
immigration for the past 3 months. It was a great fight but no luck. No one got
to say good bye, no farewell just a knock on the door, pack your bags your
leaving now. He has been the 3rd victim since they let Americans back in. he
will be missed..........................
Yeah so he got deported. it’s kind of okay. He had only a
month left anyway but still no goodbye or anything. It stinks. He shouldn’t
have gone home, immigration just doesn’t give us a break. I pray every day to
not been taken by that horrible disease. It kind of keeps me on edge.
| Split with Elder Wilding for an hour |
But anyways...... since 40 minutes on Skype really is like
20 minutes I’ll just write some stuff that I forgot to mention.
- Right before the news of the transfer, I taught Batbithig and she told us that while she was getting the lessons with the sisters before us she never considered getting baptized. She wanted to get baptized in America later that year. But she told us that she had a dream. And in that dream someone told her that she needed to get baptized now. She said that is why she asked for a baptismal date during the next lesson. It was awesome. And what’s even cooler is that in August her 2 grandkids she is taking care of are going back to their parents in Utah! They will be there for 3 years and Batbithig said that she will go to America a little later. So I can’t wait to go home and be able to see them!!!! Definitely on the top of my list of things to do when I get home
- What’s the hardest day? Definitely fast Sunday because you fast for 2 meals but still walk like 3 miles. It’s definitely a challenge but hopefully I will get used to it soon.
- Seatbelts? What are those! hahahah it’s kind of hard to put a seatbelt on when there’s 7 people in a 5 person car!!
- Milk that has been expired for only 2 days is rare and you’re lucky if u find one but uh 5 day expired milk isn’t too bad
- Buses are awesome, who else can drive and swerve around traffic at 40 mph while talking on the phone and smoking at the same time? No one that’s right. Mongolian pride baby!!!!!!
- Shoe shiner- wouldn’t leave the house without it.
- I’ve learned to be really aggressive especially on buses. You can’t let the old ladies push you around. You have to push them around, or else you won’t be able to get off-move out of the way grandma!!!!!!!
- I have peeled over 100 potatoes without getting cut (beat that mom)
| The crew back together |
It’s been a great week. We had the 2 day English symposium
(fancy word) on Friday and Saturday and also stake conference Saturday and Sunday.
Friday and Saturday all the English teachers in Mongolia came and 4 professors
from BYU came and talked. I learned a lot. It’s been a big hit, last year was
the first one, and can’t wait for next year.
| Dr Paul Anderson from BYU Hawaii during English Symposium |
On Saturday some of the missionaries (me, Cowles, Filmore
and our companions) had to leave the symposium early to go to the stake
priesthood conference with President Benson. We drove with the area Seventy Presidency
which was awesome. Elder Funk is his name. It was great to hear him speak and
see all the priesthood in attendance. And then on Sunday was the big stake
conference. We rented out a large concert hall and did it there and guess what
people? big new drum roll please...................................................
WE GOT ANOTHER STAKE
WHOO WHOO WHOO WHOO
We got a few branches that became wards so now we have 2
stakes! I can’t wait to hear the good news at the end of my mission receiving a
temple. Man that will be the day.
Also something cool about our mission is that from May 15th
to September 15 the times change for us when we can come home and sleep. Since
its light out until like 10 we have to be home by 9:30, 10:00 if we teach a
lesson and asleep by 11:00 and we have to wake up at 7:00. It’s weird getting
used to. I feel like I’m breaking all the rules!
| Ready for Summer. LOL |
I love this work, I love these people and I love my
companion Xacbaatap. (I looked up xac- in the dictionary the only definition is
subtraction so I guess he is the subtracting warrior) Its awesome teaching him English
while he teaches me Mongolian. Our communication is great. If I don’t
understand I’m pretty persistent to ask him what he is saying. I’m definitely
growing in many ways. Especially being with a Mongolian. In Preach My Gospel it
says immerse yourself in the culture. So I watch what he does and try to copy. I
eat differently, I walk fast, more aggressive and bold in a good way, I
clean a lot, I make sure my shoes are shined and my slacks are pressed. hahah
Yeah maybe I will pick a few things up. Anyways I guess if u haven’t sent the
package yet, maybe a few more of those missionary journals, but if it’s too
hard I’ll just buy a note book here it’s no big deal. I will also try to send
the video via dropbox, An Elder I teach with says it’s very good he uses it a
lot so I’ll try it next week probably. I love u guys it was awesome seeing all
of u!!!!!!
| The teaching squad |
Quote
The Lord isn’t asking us to load up a handcart, he’s asking
us to fortify our faith. He isn’t asking us to walk across a continent, He’s asking
us to walk across the street to visit our neighbor. He isn’t asking us to give
up all our worldly possessions, to build a temple, he is asking us to attend regularly
the temples already built. He isn’t asking us to die a martyr’s death, He is asking
us to live a disciple’s life.
-Elder M Russell Ballard
Drop the mic..
Elder Heacock
No comments:
Post a Comment