Monday, December 19, 2016

Party!


What great news! I thought the package I just got was my Christmas one since I got it around Christmas, but thanks for the Christmas box. I love you guys so much!!!! 

The virtual branch is cool. I just keep in contact with the members throughout the week and then on Sunday we get them all on the line. It’s cool learning how to conduct a meeting. But next week will be my last week because after the new year, times will change so another set of elders will do it. So I’m really sad. But the work is good.

Since we have no sister missionaries in our area we are keeping in contact with the sisters who served here so they can help us. They have been taking us out to members houses and less actives and investigators houses to show us where everyone lives. It’s pretty cool. All of our branch are women. There’s like no guys. So we are passing and blessing the sacrament and conducting and working the electric piano every week for the ward. And then I have to translate. Ive never been so awake and focused in a sacrament before but that just means I’m exhausted during priesthood. It’s really hard to stay awake there. Tonight, because the doctor is the only member who does his home teaching, we are going out with him to translate. Then the sisters are going to show us a person who lives right next to the person the doc is home teaching. Things are starting a little slow but it’s the little things that will make a bigger difference in the long run.

Christmas Party at school
Lately we have been booked with teaching English. They are having Elder Okamoto and me make the English tests for grades 2-11. The other missionaries were pretty busy but they helped making 3 tests so that helped. But we stayed all day yesterday at the school typing up tests. It was after teaching English too so it was hard. But our sponsor is happy and is letting us get the 26th off to skype, a day that we were already going to get off.

 
My Zone at Christmas Zone Conference

Gift exchange. I got my favorite, Twix!

This last zone conference was great. Sister Harper gave a great talk about her son. I asked her afterwards if she could type up of the talk she gave and give it to me. She was very surprised and said no one has ever asked me that before. I’m glad I did that. Her talk was great and moving. I’ll probably talk about it in a talk when I get home. Since being here and listening to a lot of great talks, I have accumulated many great stories and analogies. I’m excited to share them all with you when I get home. I wish u all a merry Christmas!! 

Elder Heacock


No comments:

Post a Comment