This week I have never felt so much
joy. I was just filled with the love of God. I have felt his tender mercies. Last
Saturday, (not the most recent Saturday the one before that.) We baptized 2
boys who are like my brothers. They love us like we are their brothers. Their
baptism was very spiritual. I gave them 2 of my ties. Then last Tuesday we met
with them at a member’s home to start their new member lessons. We met at a bus
stop by the members home and when we saw them they had the biggest smiles on their
faces. They were both wearing suits and their ties and the older one, Bat-Orgil
had a small notebook and a pen in his breast pocket. They looked so awesome. They
exclaimed that they were just like us! Walking to the members home I couldn’t
contain my happiness or my joy. We had a great lesson that night.
 |
| Baptism of Bat and Enkh |
Then here comes the cooler part. Last
Saturday the sisters had a baptism. They were having 3 investigators baptized. One
12-year-old girl, one 13-year-old boy and an 80-year-old lady with a cancerous leg
and couldn’t walk well. But I’m getting ahead of myself, lets back up.
Elder Malin, gave me the opportunity
to do district meeting. So, I prepared that and we were heading to the church. It
was around 2 and we were about there when we saw Bat-Orgil and his little bro Enkh-Orgil.
We asked them what they were up to and they said they were going to clean the
church but the gate was locked and no one showed up. So, they were on their way
home. So, we invited them to come with us because we were doing stuff at the church.
They could wait for others to show up while we did district meeting. They came
inside with us and we got district meeting started and man, that was the best
district meeting ever. The spirit was evident and we shared a lot of good
things with each other. The sisters wrote down a lot of what I was saying so I
guess that’s good. The topic was getting out of our comfort zone. While we were
having district. Meeting, more and more people showed up to help clean. most of
all the youth came so Bat and Enkh made lots of friends.
 |
| Baptism of girl, 80 year old and boy. |
We didn’t start the district meeting
until 3 because the sisters were late coming from English, so we ended at 4 and
then Elder Malin had to do a baptism interview. We had to wait for the
investigator to show up. She showed up at 5 and he did the interview. I had a
great time hanging out with the youth. Since the youth were there cleaning and
there was also a relief society activity going on, many people stayed for the
baptism. There was a lot of people for the baptism but our ward mission leader hadn’t
showed up yet. The time was like 615 and it started at 630. He had picked the
talks and the people to baptize the investigators. So, we had no one to baptize
them. The 4 sisters came up to me and asked if I would be willing to baptize
them. I had no change of clothes or anything but that didn’t matter, so I
accepted and then an idea popped into my head. Surely it was the Holy Ghost. Bat-orgil,
who is 17, received the Holy Ghost and Aaronic Priesthood the Sunday before, so
he was able to baptize someone. He recently befriended the 13-year-old boy because
they were both helping cleaning the church. I went up to him and sat next to
him. I asked him if he would be willing to baptize the boy. He asked if I was
serious and I said I was. His faced lit up like I never saw if before. We
walked together to the room to get the white jumpsuit, along the way he was
talking non-stop. “I’m going to baptize someone! How do you baptize? What
do you say?” I helped answer all his questions. I went first baptizing the 80-year-old
lady. I had to have Bat Orgil in the font with me so the 2 of us could baptize
her because of her ailing leg. Then I baptized the little girl. Then Bat was up
to baptize the boy. The room was silent. He said the words and then baptized
him. He stood him out of the water and then stood there as if not knowing what
to do next. I know that in his mind he was coming to realize that he
participated in a holy ordinance. One week before he himself entered in the
waters of baptism. The 2 of them silently left the font and when I saw him he
exclaimed that he just baptized someone and that he was just like me. His
desire to serve a mission has always been there but now it was as strong as
ever. He wants more than anything to serve a mission. That was a great Saturday.
The Lord has great plans for those 2 brothers. He is preparing them now with
these experiences that will help them in the future. I love them so much.
 |
| Elder Malin, me and Elder Sutphin at baptism |
No comments:
Post a Comment