Saturday, March 12, 2016



This past week has been different and awesome!!!!! Teaching at the ELC was amazing. Those people there are amazing!! They are all mostly LDS also and even cooler. There were 4 Mongolians there. One of them was my teacher’s younger brother. He's awesome. His name is Murat. He served a mission in Mongolia and was companions with one of my teachers. He’s also the top wrestler in his weight class in Mongolia. He should wrestle Daniel, they look about the same size.

Murat
I received some great feedback on what I did well and what i can improve on with my teaching English. My confidence really has increased about being an English teacher. We have been pretty busy with the ELC, not much else has been happening

We kind of started packing a little bit. I’m sending some basketball shirts home. I brought a lot of basketball shirts because we play ball everyday but we are only going to play once a week so to make more room I’m sending some clothes home. I have to send it out on Monday because the packing area closed early today.

It was awesome seeing Lauryn on Thursday. I was a little behind getting out the door of the ELC that day so everyone is at the van and I’m walking towards it and I see Lauryn! I don’t even recognize her hahahah. She comes up to me and says hi and I’m like oh my gosh your my cousin hahaha. I gave her a hug and everyone outside the van was just staring, wondering what the heck I’m doing. They just jealous though. 
 
I’m really excited to leave the MTC. It has been kind of getting old but I feel like it has prepared me quite a bit. I have a p-day again on Tuesday so that’s cool yeah hopefully you get my letter soon.

I will close with a poem from a 1971 talk called Great Experiences on lds.org. You should read it.

“The tree that never had to fight
For sun and sky and air and light,
But stood out in the open plain
And always got its share of rain,
Never became a forest king
But lived and died a scrubby thing.
The man who never had to toil to live,
Who never had to win his share
Of sun and sky and light and air,
Never became a manly man
But lived and died as he began.
“Good timber does not grow at ease,
The stronger wind, the stronger trees.
The further sky, the greater length,
The more the storm, the more the strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment