Sunday, March 6, 2016

My Dear family,

To be honest, being here at the MTC for 10 weeks has been hard. Some days it doesn't even feel like I'm on a mission. Sometimes I feel like when I get on the plane, instead of going to go to Mongolia, I'm just going home. It has been tough on me mentally. But through a lot of prayer, and the help of my companions, I have been able to look at the time spent at the MTC in a positive way. With these last few days here, I am trying to do my best to stay diligent so I do not get wrecked the first few months in Mongolia. I am really excited to travel to Mongolia and continue my mission in the beautiful frozen tundra of Mongolia,

On March 7th we went to the ELC at BYU. I didn't see Lauryn, bummer. The ELC building is actually really nice but it is slightly off campus. It is in the parking lotof the Lavelle Edwards Football Stadium. The most exciting thing was getting our sponsors. We are all teaching at schools in Mongolia. Some are at universities, some at secondary schools. I am at a private school teaching children called Oyunlag Secondary School. You guys can look it up and provide me some info because they are not giving us any.
Oyunlag Secondary School

We also met our new Mission President and wife who will replace President and Sister Benson in July. They are really cool. They served in Mongolia as Senior Missionaries.
New Mission President, Jeffrey C. Harper
Today the 7th, we were able to teach some ELC students using the new teaching methods that they have been developing. They are basically Powerpoint slides with the lessons on them. The lessons are basically planned out for us which saves us alot of time and they are very effective.

These next few days will be full of teaching, feedback, and observing. These days feel long and tiring. Please pray that all of us, as we work hard with the English program, will improve as teachers and become better missionaries.

I am a little scared because all of the others in my District are older (21-28 yrs) and have college experience. Sometimes its hard to see why I was sent to Mongolia to teach English when, in my mind, I feel totally inadequate. I feel like I'm being judged on everything I do by everyone else. They think that because I am straight out of high school, I know nothing. Please pray that I will build my confidence and be more assertive. I am working very hard to be a good teacher. I know that I have to rely on God. I know as i put my trust in Him, He will mold me as clay into a great teacher and missionary.

I love you guys and miss you very much. I fasted for you as well, that as I come closer to God and make positive changes, you will too. I challenge you as a family to keep reading from the Book of Mormon, even if it is just a verse a day.  As I have read from the scriptures everyday, I have grown a deep love for them. I actually look forward to read them. You don't have to start from the beginning, just read where you think it will benefit you the most. Read cool stories that have great meaning or something you can apply to your lives.

I love you guys and I know you will be blessed immensely for doing these things.

Much Love,
Elder Heacock

No comments:

Post a Comment