Hello Family and Friends,
I made it to the MTC with no problems. And yes I will be
getting a haircut. But just a trim (hopefully!) I love my companions! We are
one of the only Tri-ships. (3 of us in a companionship) Elder Wilding is from
New York and Elder Cowles is from St George Utah. My district is really cool!
There are 9 of us. 5 elders and 4 sisters. The sisters are struggling but we
are helping them. We have 3 teachers who recently served missions and are
amazing. I am just trying to get use to
the MTC and finding a good rhythm. Our companion study is great and our
planning is on point.
| My companions. Elder Wilding, Elder Cowles and me. |
Yes the Mongolian language is hard, but guess what? On
Friday, which was my 3rd day here, I was the first one to pray fully
in Mongolian in front of my district. They were really impressed! We have one
Mongolian investigator and we taught her the 3rd lesson yesterday.
We thought she was an actor, but she is an actual investigator to the church.
Hopefully we didn't ruin it for her. HAHA. We taught her the about the
Restoration and will invite her to church and for the 4th lesson.
My P-day is Tuesday. We go to the temple grounds on Sunday's
to be outside and take pictures. On Tuesdays we go to the temple at 1 for a
session.
| My district at the Provo Temple |
Basketball is awesome here. We can only play 3 on 3 but my
team is dominating. Me and this elder, who played for Southern Virginia
University, are teammates and mopping the floor with other opponents.
A pretty cool experience happened last night. We were going
to our residence after class and I realized that I had lost my key. We
re-traced our steps and went back to the classroom but still did not find it. I
decided to offer a prayer. After the prayer, we stood up and I felt the Spirit
so I knew we did the right thing. As we
walked out of the classroom I had the impression to reach into my pocket a second
time. And there it was! I have never had a prayer answered that quickly before.
I love it here, but when it is hard I just picture you guys
and use that to motivate myself and companions. You give me so much strength.
These 9-10 weeks will be long but they will be awesome. I miss you guys and I
will practice writing more emails as the weeks go by. I will send a mass email
and also will try and respond to personal emails you send.
Love you all,
Elder Heacock
No comments:
Post a Comment