Monday, October 17, 2016

Erdene's Baptism



Hey family!!!

            I guess you heard about the baptism so I'll start with that!! Satan was definitely trying to stop the baptism. First off our alarm didn't go off in the morning. We woke up at 7:00 thank goodness, but we had zone training that day and we had to be out of the house at 8, so we can get to the mission home by 9. So that wasn't fun. Zone training was alright. It was kind of crazy. A lot of heat was passed around trying to decide on what our goals need to be and what we need to reach each week. It seemed to get out of hand but I just stayed quiet. I didn't want to get into it. But President sorted it out. I also gave a talk in zone training. My first talk that I got chosen on the spot to give so my streak ended. But I gave one with my boi Elder Cowles which was awesome. I wrote out my talk the night before and translated it and memorized it so I got to look up at the group and speak. It was awesome. Then we get home and we wanted to make cinnamon rolls so we are in the middle of making them when I had the feeling to call the bishop and make sure the baptism was taken care of and I'm glad I called because nothing was ready. No talks were prepared, no person to fill the tank. Hey if u need a job done do it yourself right? So we had to basically drop everything and get to the church and make calls because it was 5:00 and the baptism was at 6:30. It was so stressful but when it came to baptize Erdene, all the stress was swept away. It was a great day. He was overjoyed. Especially when President Harper and his wife came. Erdene's goal in life is to serve a mission. He is going to work hard this year to be worthy to serve. I'm so happy for him. God has a plan for him and its starting to unfold. That was the big highlight of the week. What made it even better was that there was a Halloween party that the youth put on after the baptism and so we had a great time at that with Erdene. He had a great time getting to know everyone!
 
Elder Malin, Erdene, Me
Can you tell we are so happy?

Ward members, Elder Malin, Me, Erdene and President Harper and Elder Cowles and his companion


            Also the package hasn't came yet. I was wondering because my 12th grade students want to see pics of our house and neighborhood and just around Marysville to see what it's like so if you could take pics of the city for me that will be awesome. 

Love you,
Elder Heacock

1 comment: