Heyyyy Family!
I guess nothing really has happened
since last Thursday. Our school changed our schedule again for the 2nd time. This
time without telling us. So we are teaching 5 classes. 3 8th grade
classes, a 12th grade class and a 10th grade class. So that was annoying but
the students are cool. We are working on disciplining them so they behave and
participate. It’s been going good. We have been giving daily grades and it’s
amazing how that changes their behavior. English has taken up most of our time,
especially since we teach so far away from our area. But we have it easy. 2 of
the schools that are linked together, royal academy and ikh zasag, have started
doing lab. It’s basically Tuesday and Thursday. Two teachers sit in a lab and
help students with their English. It’s from 12-8pm. So they could possibly sit
for 8 hours and do nothing. But on top of this, people have to teach Monday, Wednesday
and Friday and with the people who were assigned lab and who were assigned to
teach and depending on their companionship some missionaries have to go on 5
day splits with other missionaries out of their area. Yeah that stinks but I’m
not a part of that so I don’t have to worry about it.
President Benson emphasized taking English
as serious as missionary work. Monday is dedicated to English. We teach and
then do an English big plan. That’s why we do P-day on Tuesdays now. But
teaching these kids is awesome. Our 12th grade class is really good.
We taught them last year and all their English is really improving. We split
them into 2 groups and Elder Malin went with one group and I went with the
other. In our groups we just started with a question and it turns into a
conversation where everyone in the group participates. The kids love it and its
cool because I was in their shoes just a year ago. It’s weird to think about
it. But one thing I’m definitely going to miss is teaching English here to
these kids. Connecting with them and becoming their friend, someone they can
talk to and rely on is awesome. I’m blessed to be a part of their lives and
helping them achieve their dreams. This is the coolest mission ever!!!!
So, 2 weeks ago I got pretty sick. My
digestive system failed, so whatever I ate literally went through me. I threw
up a couple times and had stomach pain for 4 days. I barely ate anything. And
as a result lost 6 pounds. I remember one day, it was a Tuesday. I knew that I
needed a priesthood blessing. But I wanted Elder Cowles to give it. Then just
seconds later, Elder Wilding, Munkhtulga and Elder Cowles knocked on our door
and came in. They didn’t know that I was sick, but God knew. Right before they
left I asked for a blessing. So Elder Wilding sealed the anointing and Elder Cowles
gave the blessing. I can tell you I haven’t felt the spirit more powerfully
then at that time. It was as if angels were in the circle with us, comforting
me. It brought me to tears and everyone in the circle. It was an amazing
experience that I hold close. Later I got some special yogurt that the doctor
gave me and my digestive system slowly recovered. Since then I haven’t gone a
day without eating yogurt. hahahahaha
Love you
all,
Elder
Heacock
No comments:
Post a Comment